Read-O-Rama Read-A-Thon TBR

No comments
I started writing my regular blog in Czech two weeks ago and now I feel like I don't know what to write about when it comes to books. I need to work on my reviews, especially because a lot of book I'm gonna be reading in next few months will be for my European literature class so I need to make more notes I usually do.


However, this week (since today, 8th of March to 14th) there's a Read-O-Rama Read-A-Thon going and I decided to join in. It might be a bit hard for me to keep up with all the school I have, but I'm hoping to finish at least some of those book, if not all 7. Here are the books I picked for the 7 challenges:

Book from you TBR jar: Kazuo Ishiguro: A Pale View of the Hills


I don't have a TBR jar but because most of my books I have in my apartment in Prague are unread, I just went to random.org, put in a number I though might correspondent with a pile I wanted to read from and this one happened.

Book with green on the cover: Jaime Hernandez: The Girl from H.O.P.P.E.R.S.


I didn't realise when I was picking this up this is a second book in the graphic novel series so I'll have to read the first one, but like I said, a graphic novel, so it should be fun to read.

Book that has "RAMA" in the title: Petra Hůlová: Macocha


Took me a while to pick one that's not too long and has all the letters in, but I succeeded! This is a book by a Czech author that I got for my birthday couple years ago and I'm excited to finally dive in.

Diverse book: Ben Aaronovitch: Moon Over Soho


The reason I picked this book, second in the Peter Grant series, is that the main character, Peter, is a person of colour. And since this one has to do with his family (or at least I think so) I thought it would be a good one to read. It is not as diverse as other book I could have picked but I already started on it and I want to finish it.

Book with flowers on the cover: Gertrude Stein: The Autobiography of Alice B. Toklas


This could count as a book I'm supposed to read for my class so I won't feel like I'm not doing anything at all...

Contemporary book: Melissa Pimentel: Age Sex Location


I'm not a huge fan of contemporary contemporaries (as in I read a lot classics and 20the century ones could be considered contemporaries) but I've picked this one because it sounded interesting when I heard a youtuber talk about it. So we'll see.

Finish a series: John Updike: The Women who got away


This is technically cheating but I don't really have a series I could finish in one week (and I usually have only book one or two) so I picked the last one, number 20, in Penguin Great Loves series. I figured this could do and also - I am to read Updike for my class.

The last challenge is to read 7 books, which might or might not happen. Since I have a problem with sticking to reading lists, I might actually pick something else just to keep reading. And it's probably going to be something for a class, I recently started on Updike's Witched of Eastwick and and Singer's Satan in Garay so I might just finish these.

No comments :

Post a Comment